Harbourlight Migration Services is a boutique practice offering full-service migration advice and assistance. Ultimately our service is about assisting you achieve your goals. Obtaining, keeping or renewing an Australian visa may simply be the way in which you are able to do this. Whatever your situation, our focus is always on you. We try to see things as you see do, through your eyes.
We have positioned ourselves to offer personal service with tailored "end-to-end" solutions drawing on our experience in Skilled / Economic and Family Migration. We work with corporate and private clients.
Harbourlight Migration Services is owned and operated by Peter Brendling. Peter is a Registered Migration Agent with over 10 years experience. He is a Member of the Migration Institute of Australia and holds the Master of Migration Law and Practice degree from Griffith University Peter received a Griffith Award for Academic Excellence in 2012. With an extensive background in international human resource management and expatriate services, Peter has particular knowledge, skills and experience to assist corporate clients and their employees with their migration needs.
We invite you to spend a few minutes getting to know us at Harbourlight Migration Services.
Possibly the most important thing we do for you is manage your needs within the highly regulated Australian migration system. We achieve this with:
- Advice and information on migration law and policy. This is a complex and dynamic area. Good advice is essential.
- Timely preparation and on-going management of visa/sponsor/nominator applications.
- Referral for specialist advice and services where the need arises and we believe your best interests are served.
Harbourlight Migration Services you get...
- Frank advice. We stand ready to assist you in your matter. If, for any reason, we are unable to help we will tell you the reason and make appropriate suggestions.
- Prompt, courteous responses to your calls and emails.
- Flexible Access. We understand that you may be outside our time zone or unable to come to our office during business hours and therefore we offer extended hours support.
- Preparation and lodgement of your sponsorship and visa applications and assistance to assemble the required supporting documentation
- Immediate communication whenever we are contacted by Department of Immigration & Border Protection. You will never need to ask whether we have heard anything or if there is any progress or development with your matter we tell you immediately.
- Assistance with ancillary activities such as medical examinations, police clearances, document translation and certification
- Pre-application analysis and realistic advice on available options
- Support during your relocation to Australia
- For corporate clients we can also assist with post arrival orientation services in the Sydney and surrounding areas.
Costs fall into three categories:
Application Fees charged by the Department of Immigration & Border Protection. These must be paid when the application is lodged. In some situations and further fee may be payable later in the application process.
Fees charged by third parties for ancillary services such as medical examinations, police checks English language testing and skills assessments
A Professional Fee for migration advice and assistance.
- We work on a competitive, flat rate fee basis for most services.
- Costs and timeframes are realistically estimated and communicated as far as it is possible to do so before we start work and backed with a written Cost and Service Agreement when our quotation is accepted.
- All Fees and costs are quoted in Australian dollars and will include GST if applicable. Payment can be made by bank transfer, bank cheque or international bank draft.
- An initial consultation fee of $200 is charged to assess your circumstances and requirements. This is deducted from the fee charged for subsequent migration advice in relation to a sponsor or visa application.
Once we have agreed to work with each other it becomes a cooperative effort. Don't hold back! We encourage you to ask questions. Nothing in Australian migration is too simple or seemingly insignificant not to ask. If something is on your mind we want you to share it with us. It may be nothing or it may be something crucial to the success of what we are doing together. Of course we also need you to provide the needed documents and information and tell us when anything changes in your personal/family, work/business or educational situation. Similarly, we will tell you if there are changes in migration law or policy which might affect the outcome.
People offering migration advice in Australia must, as a matter of law, be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA). Some migration agents operating outside Australia are also registered with the OMARA. If you are outside Australia insist on using an Australian Registered Migration Agent when planning your temporary or permanent migration.
All Registered Migration Agents must:
- meet the qualification requirements for registration, which include a sound knowledge of Australian migration law and procedures (for initial registration) and ongoing professional development activities (for subsequent registration);
- be of good character; and
- abide by the Migration Agents Code of Conduct which they are required to display in their offices.
- For peace of mind always consult a Registered Migration Agent for advice and assistance on your Australian visa needs.